Join now - be part of our community!

Input select problems again & crash

profile.country.GB.title
Batemansxxxb
Explorer

Input select problems again & crash

Turned on tv tonight,then pressed the input select button on the remote,took two attempts for it to come up on the screen,it wouldn't let me get past hdmi2,then the picture froze & th tv crashed( restarted)it"s a couple of weeks since my last similar problem

sony  Kdl50w805c

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Upon switching the TV on from standby, there is a delay before you can use certain features.  I will admit that this delay is quite long in my opinion and it does frustrate myself and my family too.  Im hoping with future FW updates, especially the up-coming Marshmallow update this will improve.

So at current, the way I have explained it to my family is that even though modern TVs are like a computer, the primary goal is to display a picture from a broadcasting source (internal tuners), which the TV does pretty quickly.  In the background, other functions, apps and system utilities are 'waking up' and hence takes time. 

Like a computer, the TV can crash too.  But with each improvement in the firmware, Sony does like to state "Improves the performace and stability of the TV"  or such in similar words.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Quinnicus wrote:

Hi there

Like a computer, the TV can crash too.  But with each improvement in the firmware, Sony does like to state "Improves the performace and stability of the TV"  or such in similar words.

Cheers

I liked the old days, when 'stability' was to do with whether it was going to fall off the table or not, and not to do with was it ever going to work as a bl**dy television set 😞

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking