Join now - be part of our community!

How do you sync the Bloggie touch with the Apple iPad?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
peter.r.lee
Visitor

How do you sync the Bloggie touch with the Apple iPad?

Hi, hoping someone can help.

I have just bought a 4gb Bloggie Touch and would like to sync it with my Apple iPad, so I can store photos and video to playback later, not just through my PC.

I have the iPad usb connector, but on connection an error message says 'the device requires too much power'.

Has anyone done this successfully?

Thanks in hope.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Hi Peter, welcome to the Sony forum.

With USB devices, there are quite a few different variations on how they operate. Some will require power from the PC/connected device to activate/function and others which simply need to be connected.

Since the Bloggie range charge by USB and do not use the battery when connected for transfer, sadly it will not be possible to do what you are planning. The iPad does provide power but only enough to initial a data connection and I encountered the same when using a Go Pro, Flip HD and a Contour based product.

The only work around is going to be the long way and use a PC with a regular USB port.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Hi Peter, welcome to the Sony forum.

With USB devices, there are quite a few different variations on how they operate. Some will require power from the PC/connected device to activate/function and others which simply need to be connected.

Since the Bloggie range charge by USB and do not use the battery when connected for transfer, sadly it will not be possible to do what you are planning. The iPad does provide power but only enough to initial a data connection and I encountered the same when using a Go Pro, Flip HD and a Contour based product.

The only work around is going to be the long way and use a PC with a regular USB port.

Hope that helps.