Join now - be part of our community!

Installing Sony Play Memories Home without Internet access

MavisCruet
Explorer

Installing Sony Play Memories Home without Internet access

Hi .. I care for a disabled gent in his own home. His family bought him a Handycam video recorder which we used for a recent holiday. I wanted to edit the files with him,  but the laptop at his home,  does not have internet access. I downloaded  Play Memories home on my PC,  onto a memory stick,  and took it to him,  but the files still look for Internet access and won't install .. Can anyone help with a complete download for him .. I've tried contacting Sony with no success .. Many Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Pumpkin_Duke

Hi Mavis,

Isn't there a disc provided with the camcorder? Usually PMH is provided as full version on this disc. The file from the web is just an installer and you need internet access for installation.

Cheers
PD

MavisCruet
Explorer

Hi .. Thanks for replying. I'm 99.9% sure there isn't a disk with it,, but I'll double check the box when I go there tomorrow. His family set it up for use, so there is a possibility they have the disk. If not, is there another way to get the full installation files .. Thanks.
MavisCruet
Explorer

I've now checked the video box and content list and it didn't come with a disk .. I've also spoken to the gentleman's family and they didn't see one when they first set it up, can anyone provide me with a link to download it, or give me a contact address to speak to Sony, I've been jumping through hoops to try and contact them.. Many Thanks.