Join now - be part of our community!

Car Recommendations...

profile.country.en_GB.title
faithx

Car Recommendations...

It’s that time again, when I need to start thinking about my next car.

So let me know what your recommendations are and why?  Was hoping to get to the Motor Show in Geneva, but looks like it’s not gona happen now :slight_frown:

So I usually take about 6 months to do my research, look at what’s coming out new and of course get some test driving in before I finally place my order.

22 REPLIES 22
faithx

I am liking the look of the Peugeot RCZ, it’s nice and sporty, and is a +2:

http://www.peugeot.co.uk/vehicles/peugeot-car-range/peugeot-rcz/build-price/

peugeot rcz (2).jpg

Last time I changed, I looked at the Volkswagen Scirocco, still like the look of them too

volkswagen scirocco (2).jpg

StartTheCar
Contributor

I am a very big fan of little sporty citroens, and havehad  my eye on one of these citroen ds3 sports since they came out.  A little over the top perhaps but lots of fun

Lee

Citroen-DS3-Racing-1.jpg

faithx

I like this Lee, however I don't think it's quite me. A little short, but I can see why you could have a lot of fun with it 🙂

Next car on my list is the Toyota GT 86, not on sale yet, but it's giving me palpitations 😉

Toyota-GT-86-side-view

Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Already had a go in the GT86 😉 But the RC version. Same car but £6k cheaper due to lower grade unpainted bumpers, steel wheels and hardly any luxuries inside including trim.

Ride is the same between the RC and Road version and overall a real nice car but does feel a bit dull as the same time. May have been due to a different diff setup. Still felt a lot better than a 350/370Z! Its pretty much going to appeal massively to the modifying scene.

Subaru have their version of the GT86 since it was made in partnership coming out next year which is the one I am looking forward to seeing but wary that this will be their introduction to the RWD market. Still may take a test drive on the road version in the next few weeks once I get my invite. :slight_smile:

faithx

Hey, make sure you get that drive before Milan, so you can tell me all about it 🙂

I just think it has a nice look to it, also, I would have to go for all the “luxuries” 😉 Rough and ready is good, but not when you do hours and hours of motorway driving on a regular basis. I also need a +2 which brings its limitations, but Nissans don’t really appeal to me, 2 seaters anyway aren’t they ?, and they’ve been around for a while now, I like to go for something a bit different and not “common”.

So, seeing as you get to play with quite a few cars, what are your top cars for around £30k?

I have to admit, I loved my RX8, but I make a point of never having the same car twice 😉

Faithx

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

faithx wrote:

I just think it has a nice look to it, also, I would have to go for all the “luxuries” 😉

"Luxuries" like pink fluffy dice, nail varnish holder, extra rear view mirror to check make-up, babe on board sticker on the back window, etc. etc...:smileymischief::smileylove:

faithx

hahaha, yes, you would think that lol, however, my cars are the one place I refuse to allow "girliness". So no to all the above, hey I will not even allow bumper sensors, let alone rear bumper cameras as these are for pussies! The only girlie gadget I've given in to is the satnav, however I still have my paper atlas in the boot.

nikkilim
Visitor

What a beauty! http://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vbulletin-smile.gif

cheap-chevrolet-camaro.jpg

faithx

I agree, the Camaro is a beautiful car, and the convertible version is a stunner. Starting price is around £35k so cheers for that suggestion, worth a look B-)

I also saw this nice Mustang when I was in Miami last year, which I thought was rather sexy....  Getting a bit out of my price range though 😞