Join now - be part of our community!

CYBERSHOT DSC-QX10 nfc issues

SOLVED
Amgadget
Explorer

CYBERSHOT DSC-QX10 nfc issues

Hi Folks 

Need help please. I have a Samsung galaxy note 4 and the dsc-qx10.  They connect over wifi but but no joy with nfc.  The nfc is enabled on my phone when I touch it to the qx10 nothing happens on the phone but the indicator light come on red and then goes off on the qx10.

I have followed the instructions in the booklet and looked them up on the Internet.  Don't know what is happening or if what I am doing is wrong.

I have just updated the software from version 1 to version 3 and nfc still won't connect. 

Would appreciate support with this and thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
JapanMan2
Contributor

Hi Amgadget,

Have you ensured your Note 4's NFC hotspot is directly over the QX10?

Also, have you noticed any NFC incompatibilities with other devices when in use with the Note 4?

That said, if it connects via WiFi okay, isn't it quicker just to load the Playmemories mobile app as it should be a simple press to connect now that the Note 4 already has the QX10's WiFi details.  I rarely use the NFC feature on my A7M2 soley due to it being quicker that way (for me personally).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
JapanMan2
Contributor

Hi Amgadget,

Have you ensured your Note 4's NFC hotspot is directly over the QX10?

Also, have you noticed any NFC incompatibilities with other devices when in use with the Note 4?

That said, if it connects via WiFi okay, isn't it quicker just to load the Playmemories mobile app as it should be a simple press to connect now that the Note 4 already has the QX10's WiFi details.  I rarely use the NFC feature on my A7M2 soley due to it being quicker that way (for me personally).

Amgadget
Explorer

Hi Japan many

Many thanks. Didn't know enough when I posted my query about connections. I thought I could only connect via wifi when it was available ie at home or at hotspots. Never used my nfc before with any other device so wouldn't know about compatibility.

Having connected to the qx10 via wifi away from home I can confirm it works well. You are also right it is a lot quicker.

Many thanks for your answer as it has cleared the issue up for me. Like gadgets but don't know much about them.

Regards for taking the time

Amgadget

Amgadget
Explorer

Apologies for name issue

Japanman2

Have predictive texting on lol

Am gadget

profile.country.GB.title
JapanMan2
Contributor

No worries at all, I'm glad I could help. :slight_smile: