Join now - be part of our community!

The Past Midnight Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Past Midnight Thread

This is the past midnight to 6am thread.  Post whatever you like or comes to mind.

With just 2 rules:

1. Can only post on this thread between midnight and 6am
  2. Comply with normal forum rules
36 REPLIES 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

ITS TRUE !!

Adding Ice to Ouzo really does make it go white.

profile.country.it_IT.title
jan2011
Enthusiast

It’s "quite" true. It’s the water that turns ούζο white!

Opa!!!!

Στήν υγεία μας - Stin igeia mas!!! (Cheers)

ouzo.png

Non mi aspetto nulla. Non temo nulla. Sono libero. - I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.   (N.K.)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice pics - makes me wanna drink more - but really should be off ta bed soon though !!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Must be really late (or early) for you Jan - All nighter??

profile.country.it_IT.title
jan2011
Enthusiast

When I was younger, 03:49 was too early!!

Now, becomes even for me quite too late!!!

Anyway, Web/Radio on Greek music, ouzo… not bad…  :slight_smile:

Non mi aspetto nulla. Non temo nulla. Sono libero. - I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.   (N.K.)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just heard some really sad and shocking news.  Robin Williams is dead - apparently suicide.

A Comedy Legend.

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Yes, very sad, and, followed very quickly by Lauren Bacall.

It is a sad fact that the celebrities we (of a certain age) grew up watching and listening to will eventually pass on in our lifetime (erm, hopefully). Not that I am saying, you understand, that I grew up that long ago !  A cold reminder that no one is immortal. My solution is to enjoy celebrities that are younger than myself now.

Anyone know what time it is ?

If it ain't broke don't fix it
profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

@Anonymous 

By the way, I am still awaiting the fibre - To make things worse I can see a fibre cabinet just down the road which is not for my home. I am still connected to a rotting metal housing of a massive rats nest. May as well be on dial up.

Should I have posted this on the whinge thread ?

Which VDSL router did you go for ? Did you upgrade from the fibre modem / router combination that Openreach & your Broadband provider gave you ? Just thinking what I might do, eventually, in the year 2525 (great song)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jonnie1266 

My local cabinet finally got upgraded a couple of months ago.

Unfortunately I am now no longer able to order fibre (finance constraints) and hence cannot justify the extra £15/month on top of my connection.  Waste of time paying £10 for fibre medium, as im already on a 17Mb/s connection with close to 1Mb/s upload speed. 

We'll see what happens after Xmas now :slight_smile:  I have had my eye on the Asus RT-AC68U router though.  AND the Intel 7260.HMWWB - Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260  (for my laptop) - but a SSD HDD would be a better upgrade for me at the moment!

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

I bet you waited all day to tell me that.....:smileylaugh: LOL