Join now - be part of our community!

Why have Sony got no complaints procedure?

profile.country.GB.title
gADgYt
New

Why have Sony got no complaints procedure?

I bought a KDL 46HX853 in November of last year and despite exchanging it twice I still have a problem with the sound. I now find myself in a situation where on the last exchange no new extended warranty cetificate was issued by the Sony Service Centre and the original retailer, a Sony Centre, has ceased trading. Whatever telephone number I ring I seem to get through to the same department, who seem unable to help. Is there no escalation procedure in Sony? When the original TV was exchanged a young lady from the warranty department rang me to confim serial numbers for the new certificate so I know they excist so why can't anyone give me the contact details?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi adysony,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

You may not be aware but the Sony Centres are franchises & not owned or run by Sony UK (Europe)..

Who do you have your extended warranty with because I seem to recall that there was something mentioned in a couple threads about warranties from some Sony centres that had gone into administration..:smileyconfused:

profile.country.en_GB.title
-Finn-
Explorer

Hi adysony,

Thank you for posting your response. We have sent this matter to the Sony Forums Team and you should receive a reply from them soon, either on this thread of by Private messages.

Finn, Sony Moderation Team

profile.country.GB.title
gADgYt
New

I am aware that Sony Centres are franchises, my extended warranty is with Sony, arranged by the Sony Centre. The call I received re changing the certificate was direct from Sony so that is the department I wish to contact as I have contacted different customer service numbers and get the same department. They have informed me that my current TV is not registered but have not got a clue how to sort the issue, why not just put me in contact with the warranty department.

As regards the fault with the TV, again I seem to be getting nowhere and have no way of escalating the issue which is very frustrating.

profile.country.GB.title
gADgYt
New

Not sure if it was because I keep contacting the customer services department or because I aired my complaint on this forum but I was contacted a few weeks ago via telephone and was assured this matter was being dealt with and an email would be sent to me with a contact name and number. As of yet I have not heard or received anything.

Why can't all departments treat you as well as the Vaio team : (