Join now - be part of our community!

Worst support ever

estebanrc
Explorer

Worst support ever

I recently communicated with the sony support for a problem I'm having with one of the products. I don't know what the problem is but this is all the answer I got.

In my opinion is very bad support service.

"Thank you for contacting Sony support. We are sorry to read that your Sony BDV-E2100 has developed “Finished” error message on the screen.

In regards for you enquiry, please note that in an attempt to resolve this issue you may unplug the player from the power mains for 1 minute then plug it back in.

If that did not resolve the issue, you may follow the link below in order to allocate the nearest authorized service center:

http://services.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair/asc

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this email.

Thank you for your enquiry."

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @estebanrc :slight_smile:

Did you try unplugging it and then plug it back in?

estebanrc
Explorer

Unfortunately I did that many times and for more than minute. I did it before I contacted them, I was expectig more help from their side.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Sorry to hear it didn't work. :slight_frown:

Is the unit still in warranty? (I'm guessing not)

estebanrc
Explorer

your guess is correct. Is not under warranty.

I wanted to know if it was something obvious for me to do, but I will need to brinng it to a repair shop I think

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Unfortunately thats probably the best thing to do in this case.

It doesnt sound like they are aware of that type of problem with your model.

If you manage to get it sorted then let us know how as it may be of help to other members :slight_smile:

cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Linking this post to this one:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/home-cinema-projectors-players/bdv-e2100-just-saying-quot-finish-quo...

Unfortunately as suspects, its probably something that Sony Support cannot handle over the phone or via email - so its best to take it to a repair centre.

As Jumpsuit said above, let us know how you get on.

SammyGee
Explorer

At least you got an answer, even if it was a pathetic one. I have asked a simple question about a product I was looking to purchase, and despite beiing very clear I have had three answers none of which indicate that the service rep has even read my question.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @SammyGee

Is your issue something these forums can help with?  If so, please create another thread in the appropriate area and someone may be able to help you.

Cheers