Join now - be part of our community!

A further issue of missing XP drivers.

profile.country.en_GB.title
elainetj
Visitor

A further issue of missing XP drivers.

Hi, this is a further post to try to find out why a couple of drivers are not loading. I was hoping some-one might have an answer as I have had no feed back from E-Support. I am inclined to agree with another poster whe has berated E-Support recently, saying that no-one has returned to him with any answers to his problems.
I down-graded from Vista to XP on a brand new Vaio SR19-VN as Vista doesn't run a number of my companys' software applications, and I hate having to try and use Virtual PC2007 as it doesn't really work with applications that you constantly need to turn on and off. I did the down-grade as by the Sony supplied manual using the Sony supplied CD, and everything was okay with the exception of two device drivers showing up with yellow queries.
Under "device manager - other devices" there is a big yellow question mark beside "base system device". Also under "device manager - display adapters" there is an exclamation beside "video controller [vga compatible]". I have found out that I have an ATI radeon graphics card but I had tried to load the driver from the Vaio-link drivers page, but I get a message about it no being able to load this driver [I can't remember the exact wording]. If I look under settings I only have the option of 265 colours under settings, so the picture is not terribly good. Can any-one tell me if I can just download any ATI graphics card driver and solve this porblem ? I would really like to sort out the "base system driver" but some-one suggested that it was a memory stack, but I can find no reference on the Vaio-link site to anything to do with a memory stack driver. Any idea's please, any-one ?
Thanks in advance, jonesco

CoreDuo P8400
200gb 7200 HDD
4gb DDR 2-800 SDRAMM
ATI mobility Radeon 3470 graphics card
Windows XP SP3

0 REPLIES 0