Join now - be part of our community!

[Display]Can't play CS:S properly

andrewisback
Visitor

[Display]Can't play CS:S properly

Recently I re-install my Laptop VGN-AR21S because i had a few problems. I have re-installed the original drivers . However when i run CounterStrike:Source there is a video problem. i am guessing its the drivers can any one help? oh by the way it worked perfect before the re-installation

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi andrewisback,

which version nVidia GeForce Go graphics drivers are using.?

andrewisback
Visitor

I ranDxdiag to get:

Device:
Name - NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 GT
Manufacturer - NVIDIA
Chip Type - GeForce Go 7600 GT
DAC Type - Integrated RAMDAC
Approx. Total Memory - 256MB
Current Display Mode - 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (60 Hz)
Monitor - Default Monitor

Drivers:
Main Driver - nv4_disp.dll
Version - 6.14.0010.8513 (English)
Date - 06/07/2006 13:36:00
WHQL Logo'd - Yes
Mini VDD - nv4_mini.sys
VDD - n/a
DDI Version - 9 (or higher)

I suspected that i might have an out of date version however when i went to Nvidia directly the search device can't find the device and using the manual catalogue does not show the 7600 GT. I am guessing this is because its bispoke to the laptop. I always updated my Direct X via the Microsoft update site.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Try this one - it is very recent and should install OK: -

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18050

:wink:

andrewisback
Visitor

When i ran the setup wizard in the file it said No drivers found for your current hardware configuration. So i tried going into device manager and installing them through driver updates and it said The wizard could not find a better match for you hardware.

I have uninstalled the drivers and put these on and ignored the warnings

andrewisback
Visitor

NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 GT

Yeah i am having the same problem again except this time i can't seem to get the drivers to install (178.15) Even when I uninstall the old ones

I don't understand why it does that now and not then but any idea how i can get round it?