Join now - be part of our community!

Playing blue ray film - "your display environment does not support protected content playback"

xexakis
Visitor

Playing blue ray film - "your display environment does not support protected content playback"

I have bought recently a VGN-FW11M vaio and tried to play a blue ray film ("300").

WinDVD BD (intervideo) opened, but after few seconds I got this message on a black screen:
"your display environment does not support protected content playback"

Can someone please explain to me why this happened and more importantly what should I do to watch this film and hopefully many others.

As I am a new user of this laptop I am frustrated this things happen to a brand new and supposedely advanced / state of the art machine..
Thanks for your attention
p

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi xexakis,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

Are you trying to watch 300 on your FW11M's screen or an external TV/Monitor.?

Thor1768
Visitor

Hi I have the same problem im using a VGLX302 connected to a LCD Sony Bravia. The palyer was not able to play.Man of Hulk nor any other old blue ray title. It had been able to play old titles before Spiderman Rise of Silver Surfer etc. Following a complete reinstall it continues not being able to play blue ray tiles the above message appers when trying to play Iron Man or the Hulk

I would apprecitae any advice you had to offer. Thanks.

Az

xexakis
Visitor

Hi xexakis,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

Are you trying to watch 300 on your FW11M's screen or an external TV/Monitor.?

Thanks...
I was trying to watch the film on my laptop's screen and not an external monitor..

I have actually managed to resolve the issue. I had created a case in the esupport section and I received the following advice:

Please also try changing the BD Region settings by doing the following:
1. Open InterVideo WinDVD BD for VAIO.
2. Right-click anywhere on the WinDVD BD window, and then click Setup.
3. On the Setup dialog box, click the Region tab.
4. Select BD Title from the drop-down menu.
5. Select a region (for e.g., region B for Europe, etc.)
6. Click OK.

If this does not fix the problem then please we suggest you re-install WinDVD from the Recovery partition using application recovery by doing the following:
1.Click Start,
2.All Programs,
3.VAIO Recovery TOOL,
4.VAIO Recovery Utility
5. Select Recover your Computer
6.Click on Options.
7.Click on Recover Specific Applications that were preinstalled
You will a list of all pre-installed softwares, select WinDVD, then install.

Only when I reinstalled winDVD from the recoevery partition I managed to watch the film.

Thanks for the support
P

Thor1768
Visitor

Hi

My recovery utility does not include WinDVD. Any other suggestions will be welcome.Thanks.

Az

DrDaveIsTheBest
Visitor

May be your screen do not support full HD technology it is mean Pixels 1920x1200 ?or your computer's sdram is less than 2GB

Thor1768
Visitor

Hi
Thanks for the advice I have solved the problem please see my other posts.

Az

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Glad to read that you have solved the problem xexakis.. :slight_smile:

If this does not fix the problem then please we suggest you re-install WinDVD from the Recovery partition using application recovery by doing the following:
1.Click Start,
2.All Programs,
3.VAIO Recovery TOOL,
4.VAIO Recovery Utility
5. Select Recover your Computer
6.Click on Options.
7.Click on Recover Specific Applications that were preinstalled
You will a list of all pre-installed softwares, select WinDVD, then install.

I didn't think that it was possible to re-install Win DVD using the instructions above.. :thinking: