Join now - be part of our community!

Quick question about AR71M downgrade to XP

stephenmcavoy
Visitor

Quick question about AR71M downgrade to XP

Howdy. My friend is seriously considering buying an AR71M but wants to know if a downgrade back to XP is possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

3 REPLIES 3
stephenmcavoy
Visitor

anyone?

Stormer-R34
Visitor

Howdy.  My friend is seriously considering buying an AR71M but wants to know if a downgrade back to XP is possible.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

It is possible, but you will need to find some drivers, to enable all functions to work.

Howdy.  My friend is seriously considering buying an AR71M but wants to know if a downgrade back to XP is possible.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

It is possible, but you will need to find some drivers, to enable all functions to work.

I've had an AR71M with Vista since July and am 200% pleased with it :rose: . I don't know the reason why your friend wants to downgrade to XP, but when I was looking for a new laptop I was very anti-Vista. However the call of the AR71M, even with Vista was irresistible :slight_smile: I've not regretted it for a moment. After the adjustment to Vista - it took me about half a day and I'm not Bill Gates - I've been won over by Vista's features. If it's just the bad press that Vista has received I'd recommend your friend gives it a try on a very good laptop.