Join now - be part of our community!

where to put private folders

adriana1980
Visitor

where to put private folders

hi @ all!
i already bought my vaio...
now i dont know where to put my private folders, like pictures etc. driver "C" or driver "D" ?
adriana

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi adriana,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

I would put your private folders on the D drive, this would then allow to recover your C drive only should you need to in the future..

adriana1980
Visitor

ok. i will do so. thnx. but why dindt they put the private folders automatically on the d drive?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome.. :slight_smile:

I guess not all hard drives are partitioned, so Microsoft places these folders on the C drive by default.. :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I would agree that the best location for private folders (My Documents) is the D drive.

To achieve this, without problems, I would suggest that you move the My Documents folder rather than creating a new folder and sub-folders.

To do this right click the My Documents icon on the desktop and select Properties > Target tab > Move > Expand ‘My Computer’ and select the D drive > create a new folder – ‘My Documents’ (the target field will now be D:\My Documents) > Click Move.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Good point thanks Rich.. :smileyblush:

philfree
Visitor

Just make sure if your VAIO comes with "My Safe" utility that you save your files in this folder prior to restoration of C drive. Reason is eventhough My Safe folder appears under "My Documents" it seems to be encrypted on the C drive eventhough "My Documents" can be placed anywhere.