Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth connection problems with iPhone

profile.country.en_IE.title
MCQUAID1988
Visitor

Bluetooth connection problems with iPhone

Hi all

Recently purcahsed an MEX-BT2900, connecting with iPhone fine, BT audio is working great, but when i try make a phonecall, the person can here me but i can't hear them, any ideas???

Regards

M

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
Drumzman
New

Hi MCQUAID1988,

Forgive me if this sounds a bit obvious, but I believe the volume of the caller's voice is set independently of whatever volume level you have set for listening to music etc.

It's possible to adjust this incoming call volume by simply using the volume dial, but only during a call.  Whatever volume is then set during the call like this becomes the preset volume for further calls (until such time as you change it again).  I just wonder whether the preset volume is currently turned right down for the caller (even if you have it turned up for something you were listening to before the call came in) which might explain why the other person can hear you but you can't hear them?

Just a thought, but hope it helps.

profile.country.en_IE.title
MCQUAID1988
Visitor

you are correct with that but i have turned that volume up full too, still no joy

Drumzman
New

Ah well, worth a try!

The only other thing I can think of - although may be a bit of a long shot is whether there's a setting in your iPhone.  I don't use an iPhone myself, but on my phone whenever I make a call when connected to a Bluetooth device, the phone asks me where I want the sound (i.e. in the phone itself or in the Bluetooth device).  I wonder if there's anything similar on your iPhone ...... for example if you were to put your phone to your ear can you hear the caller there even if they're not coming over the car speakers?  If you can then that might point to a phone setting.:smileyconfused:

Like a say, could be a long shot, but might be worth checking...

0netime
Visitor

this is a common problem from what I've seen. I have a BT3900 and have the same problem from new, tried resetting the unit, tried my iphone 3gs, my brother's 4 (I'm on IOS4.3 and he's on IOS5), and a Sony Ericsson smartphone. Then I've been back to Halford's, tried my phone on their demo unit, same problem, then tried the salesman's HTC and he had the same problem as well! We even tried on a lower spec Sony BT model head unit and had the same problem there...is there a batch problem? Incedentally an Alpine head unit offering the same BlueTooth capability worked flawlessly. If anyone can get an answer/solution and post it here I think it would solve a lot of people's issues!