Join now - be part of our community!

cdx-gt35u (eur) annoyance - clock/standby when facia removed/refitted.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
craig_86
Visitor

cdx-gt35u (eur) annoyance - clock/standby when facia removed/refitted.

Hi,

Just fitted a CDX-GT35U EUR CD/MP3 receiver into my renault clio.

Its got an annoying feature where if the front panel facia is removed, when it is re-fitted again it defaults to the "standby" clock mode instead of going straight back to the last played source. Its doesn't do this if I turn the ignition off and back on again without removing the facia.

For example. If im listening to a cd, turn off the ignition and DON'T remove the facia, when I return to my vehicle it carries on playing the cd, but if I turn off the ignition and DO remove the facia, when I return to my vehicle and refit the facia and turn on the ignition, I just got a clock on the screen and nothing plays until I press the source button.

I'm not losing any memory settings etc so I know its not a wiring problem, its an annoying feature of the head unit that I have never seen on any other system I've owned from other brands and I would like to turn it off but cant find an option for it. (Have set the clock and have tried disabling CT-ON thinking that might turn it off but it didn't.

Can anyone help me out?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drumzman
New

Hi craig_86,

It does sound like you're stuck with this I'm afraid - I assume if you've removed the facia and then replaced it that when you press the power button the unit does go back to playing your CD for example?  If so then everything is normal and you've got everything wired up correctly.  Unfortunately, removing the facia has exactly to same effect as if you'd manually powered the unit off before switching off your ignition.

Sorry not to be much help, but hope that helps explain?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Drumzman
New

Hi craig_86,

It does sound like you're stuck with this I'm afraid - I assume if you've removed the facia and then replaced it that when you press the power button the unit does go back to playing your CD for example?  If so then everything is normal and you've got everything wired up correctly.  Unfortunately, removing the facia has exactly to same effect as if you'd manually powered the unit off before switching off your ignition.

Sorry not to be much help, but hope that helps explain?