Join now - be part of our community!

I Need a driver for my Walkman it will not work with my new Acer laptop!

profile.country.en_GB.title
velofelo
Visitor

I Need a driver for my Walkman it will not work with my new Acer laptop!

Can anybody help?

I have a new Acer lap top running Windows 7 and want to continue using a perfectly good Sony MP4 player. The computer has returned the message 'no drivers found, consult device manufacturer'. Sony do not seem to support old products like my 2007 Digital Media player type NWZ-A816.

What do I do now, seems a shame to throw it in the bin, and it has got treasured photos videos and music on it!

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

I have the same one and use it on a daily basis with Windows XP and Windows 7 Professional. I did not need to download any drivers from anywhere. My computer installed it perfectly fine.

Since the NWZ Walkman range were plug and play, they didn't require any drivers to function. They simply used the ones that Microsoft supplied with their operating system. This meant that as a company, additional drivers did not have to be made and included on CD's or downloads but it meant a user could connect their device to any computer.

Only thing I can suggest would be trying a friends laptop running Windows 7 to see if you get the same result.