Join now - be part of our community!

Walkman NWZ a865 : kidding ?

SOLVED
profile.country.fr_FR.title
Taaraantulaa
Visitor

Walkman NWZ a865 : kidding ?

Hi everybody,

I just bought a NWZ a865 today. Great stuff, except for one thing : the sound cap.

As I'm french, I heard our country had a strict control about cap on audio materials. I know it, I already had a Walkman, Sony, that I bought 6 years ago.

But the problem is...there's no more way to suppress this cap. On my old walkman, I found a way to disable it, but for this new walkman, I don't find it.

I searched nearly 2 hours on the web, no results. All that I found is E series can access to a MPPA (or something like that) mode, who's a Test mode where you can change many parameters, and disable this cap.

But for the A series, nothing.

Let's make it clear : I spend nearly 200 euros in that baby, and it has a perfect sound...if I'm in a doctor's waiting room, or in my bed, late at night. So my first question is : when will the firmware appear ?

2nd question is even simpler : will a firmware appear ?

If not, I'll give you such a bad press...you can't even imagine, cause we are not talking about a 20 euros, but just the of the 1/8 of my month income.

Message was edited by: -Cass-

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Taaraantulaa,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

The EU has passed a ruling, following concerns that listening to the portable music players at high volume could cause hearing damage, that MP3 players must not be louder than a maximum setting at 85 decibels.

There is a similar thread on this subjest if your interested -NWZ-A845 To quiet.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Taaraantulaa,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

The EU has passed a ruling, following concerns that listening to the portable music players at high volume could cause hearing damage, that MP3 players must not be louder than a maximum setting at 85 decibels.

There is a similar thread on this subjest if your interested -NWZ-A845 To quiet.

profile.country.fr_FR.title
Taaraantulaa
Visitor

Fine ! So I guess I just have to give it up to my dealer, and choose another product, and another brand.

I'll create a blog about this story, I don't want other persons, who love music, wasting their time and money in a costly and incomplete product.

Goddam Sony, you ruled the audio market, what have you become....

++

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

As this is a user forum, rather than just taking my comments as correct, you could always check with Sony's official support to see if there is any way of altering the audio setting but I'm not hopeful..