Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z tablet and Ultraviolet

profile.country.en_GB.title
firstlight
Visitor

Xperia Z tablet and Ultraviolet

I have purchased a Sony Xperia Z tablet 32gb WiFi from John Lewis.  It arrived, brand new, sealed, all above board.  Beautiful tablet, superb screen.  Never used Android before, always had Apple products.  Now the problem....I go to Flixster, access my Ultraviolet movies a/c and as soon as I click "watch" I get a message that it can't play because of "security"??? issues and flixster is working on it.  Searching the net it appears this message occurs on a "rooted" tablet (which I assume means hacked").  How can this be?  The tablet is brand new, I wouldn't know how to "root" it if my life depended on it, I've e-mailed Sony to no effect, so I'm hoping that someone out there can shed a light on this.  It gets worse............Sony pictures site's ultraviolet won't play because Silverlight is not installed on the tablet.  No worries - out to Microsoft.  Guess what..Silverlight doesn't work on Android.  Nice one. So, I have movies on two sites and can't access any of them.  It may be teething troubles, but I'm getting the feeling I should have bought the iPad.  Anyway, enough of the rant, if anyone can help I'd be grateful.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Cinerama
New

Same problem made all the more confusing by the fact that I watched first 29 minutes of Dark Knight Rises but when I went back to it get that message and occassional others.
RossRossRoss
Explorer

I bought my Sony Xperia Z tablet from John Lewis as well and have exactly the same problem, also with the Dark Knight Rises. Although now all films get the security problem.