Join now - be part of our community!

Sony xperia 1 ii Lock screen Clock Problem

profile.country.GB.title
Floaty77

Sony xperia 1 ii Lock screen Clock Problem

Hello, my new xperia 1 ii phone has a different time on the lock screen clock to the home screen clock, sometimes a matter of hours.  Any idea why and how to sync them?  I would be very grateful for any help.  Many thanks.  

44 REPLIES 44
profile.country.GB.title
RichardT54

@Mishooo   I cleared the cache and storage for the 3 apps you listed and then tested again. The first two tests gave the correct time. However the following 5 tests were: 3, 1, 4, 2 and 7 minutes slow.

profile.country.RO.title
Mishooo
Explorer

@RichardT54  I think one of 3 apps is forcing the clock from Ambient display to misbehave and I suspect the STAMINA mode, because it restricts some features. Do you have STAMINA mode activated right now?

If you have it, please turn it off and clear again the cache and storage for all the apps mentioned above and repeat the tests again.

profile.country.GB.title
RichardT54

@Mishooo  the DISABLE option for the STAMINA mode app is greyed out. Only FORCE STOP is available. I tried it and cleared the cache & storage for all 3 apps, but it didn't make any difference.

profile.country.RO.title
Mishooo
Explorer

@RichardT54  You don't have to disable this app. You must go to Settings -> Battery -> Stamina mode and from there you can turn it off.

There you can also see an information mark that Stamina mode restricts some features.

profile.country.GB.title
RichardT54

@Mishooo  - OK, I've checked the setting and it was already set to "Off".

profile.country.GB.title
BryanPB
Explorer

I have just purchased two Xperia 1 II phones. They have both updated to Android 11 and are Model XQ-AT51. The build numbers are both 58.1.A.5.55. One of these phones has the Ambient display clock problem of showing the incorrect time while the other does not have this problem. Both phones are set up identically. It makes no difference how the Ambient Screen "ON" setting is set up. Currently set to "Show When Device Is Lifted". This is really annoying and if I caot resolve this then I guess that I will just return them and buy something different. Any ideas out there? 

profile.country.RO.title
Mishooo
Explorer

Hi!

Have you applied the instructions mentioned in the previous messages on both phones?

profile.country.GB.title
BryanPB
Explorer

Hi, yes, have tried all suggestions on the phone that is showing incorrect time. I have not altered anything on the phone that is working correctly. Just seems very strange that both phones are set up identically with the same updates and build numbers. When the phone is picked up it shows the incorrect time but sometimes it will correct the time after waiting for a period, other times I have to open the phone to get the Ambient Screen to reset.

profile.country.GB.title
RichardT54

I've just updated my Xperia 1 ii to build 58.1.A.5.222 and thought I would check if the problem with the clock on the ambient display was still there. I set Ambient Display to "Smart Activation" and then left the phone for a while.

When I came back to it, I briefly covered/uncovered the light sensor and the Ambient Display came on with its clock showing 08:36. However, the real time was actually 08:52, so it is still broken!

I've noticed that if I reactivate the Ambient Display again shortly afterwards, it always shows the correct time. It's as if when Ambient Display is activated, it shows whatever time setting was last updated regardless of how long ago that might be, and then when the Ambient Display goes off it sets it to the correct time. What it should do is update the time just before Ambient Display is shown.

It's very disappointing that Sony has not fixed this bug after all this time.

profile.country.GB.title
BryanPB
Explorer

Exactly the same situation with the Sony 1 II, been like it from day 1. Updated the software this morning and still the problem is not fixed. Sony really need to get this sorted out. Was seriously thinking of looking at the 1 III but will not be going down that route until they can prove better customer support. Not impressed with Sony....