Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 III Bluetooth issue after updating to Android 13

profile.country.ES.title
MarioTheLombax

Xperia 1 III Bluetooth issue after updating to Android 13

Hello all.

After updating my Xperia 1 III (XQ-BC52) to Android 13, I've started to have a very annoying issue while making a phone call using my car's built-in infotaiment system via Bluetooth.

The issue is if I try to make a call using the infotaiment system, the phone usually do not start the call at all. Which forces me to take my phone and start the call from there, which could result on either, the call starts on the infotaiment system, or not start on the infotaiment system at all, and forcing me to use the phone speaker and hold the phone on my ear, which can be extremely dangerous while driving.

Also happens when someone calls me. The call could either start on the infotaiment system, or not.

Already tried re-pairing both devices and perform a factory reset of my phone, but nothing worked. Never had this issue on Android 11 or Android 12.

If this helps, the phone compilation is 61.2.A.0.382, and the infotaiment system is a NAC Wave2 system, which is built-in in Peugeot and Citroën cars.

Is anyone else facing this issue?

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @MarioTheLombax 

I'm sorry you're having problems after an update however what concerns me more is when you say

"forcing me to use the phone speaker and hold the phone on my ear, which can be extremely dangerous while driving." 

Don't ever drive holding a phone to your ear, just pull over or ignore the call until you can and then phone back!

You're the one choosing to make it dangerous. Lives are worth more than a phone call..

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi MarioTheLombax, although my suspicion is that the system is no longer compatible with the latest software and that the provider needs to upgrade it, however, there's no harm in trying the steps mentioned below first: 

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/mobile-phones-tablets/articles/00232845 

profile.country.ES.title
MarioTheLombax

Yeah, you are completely right. I shouldn't use my phone while driving. I addmit my mistake there.

profile.country.ES.title
MarioTheLombax

I don't think the issue is related with the infotaiment system. Anyway, I will try with another phone with the latest Android version available.

On the other side, I've tried with a factory reset of the phone, and updating to the latest version a few days ago, but nothing worked. I will try to repair the phone's software with the Xperia Companion tool, and see if that helps.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey MarioTheLombax, could you let us know what happened? Also, are you facing any other issue with the Bluetooth connection? That could be an indication of the issue, if you're experiencing an issue with other Bluetooth devices connecting to your phone, or working with some features but not the others, it might be the phone. If not, it's definitely the system. 

profile.country.PL.title
lukaszj
Explorer

I do have the same problem on Android 13 62.2.A.0.367 (Sony Xperia 10 III XQ-BT52)

After receiving this upgrade I started observing strange behavior when using bluetooth handsfree in my Opel Mokka 2022 (manufactured by PSA):

• After restarting a cell phone - I am able to initiate the call using the car handsfree and have the voice over it - but it just works for a single call.
  • For subsequent calls either I am not able to initiate a call at all from my car or just the voice does not go via car speakers (in the latter case a car multimedia system does not show call in progress, my phone does - the phone shows that the voice should go via car audio whilst it does not)

Multimedia streaming works perfectly fine. The same is observed on Android Auto.

This behavior was not observed in Android 12. 

IMHO it looks like a bug in the bluetooth handsfree profile implementation in the latest system version.

profile.country.PL.title
lukaszj
Explorer

BTW - I have just observed the same issue with my Jabra 75 headset. 

So definitely it is not a car audio issue.

profile.country.ES.title
MarioTheLombax

That's exactly the same behavior of my phone. Seems I'm not the only person facing this quite annoying bug! Hope they listen us and release a fix for it.

profile.country.ES.title
MarioTheLombax

Hello again! I couldn't perform the factory reset of the phone yet (I'm sorry, I've been busy).

But I'm not the only person who's facing the same issue. In this topic, there's another user with an Xperia 10 III having the same issue with their car's hands-free system and a Jabra headset. Seems to be related to the hands-free profile of the phone, not the cars' infotaiment systems.