Join now - be part of our community!

ZV-E1 cannot be updated with 120p license file.

profile.country.BG.title
kepetroff
New

ZV-E1 cannot be updated with 120p license file.

Hello together,

as you know Sony released an open license to unlock 4k/120p. By the end of last year I bought a new ZV-E1 and immediately went on sony web site (https://creatorscloud.sony.net/app/en/licenses-4k120p-without-signin/)

to download the file and unlock the feature. I can remember that it did not happend from the first time but finally I managed to install it and had this amazing feature.

Unfortunatelly my device got broken and at the Sony warranty service they replace the camera's whole main board with a new one. All good but the camera was restored to the original firmware v1.00 and all the internal memory ereased.

Now I tried to unlock the license again but this time when I download the license file using my camera serial number and try to follow the instruction by the end of it the camera pups up a massage saying "The license file cannot be installed" and that is it.

I tried so many things withoth an effect, updating the firmware to the newest one v1.03, then tried another memory card and downloaded the license file over and over again from the website. Nothing seems to work.

What could have gone wrong? Do you know for any fix of this case? I checked the serial number of the device if it was changed due to the new main board, but the camera says it is the same when I check it from the menu option.

Thanks in advance!

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
TheMaze
Community Team

Hey @kepetroff 

If you were unable to install a licence file despite following the instructions, please check the followings.

- Have you entered the correct serial number?

- Have you copied the created licence file to the top layer of the memory card?

- Did you insert the memory card with the copied licence file into slot 1 of the camera?

- Is the file name "RQ_LIC.DAT"?

  If the file name is RQ_LIC (1).DAT, please rename to RQ_LIC.DAT