Join now - be part of our community!

Headphone socket on KD-43X81J cutting out

profile.country.GB.title
pabrown3676
New

Headphone socket on KD-43X81J cutting out

I recently bought a Sony KD-43X81J TV to replace an old Sony one and am having issues with my Sony wireless headphones cutting out repeatedly when connected to the new TV. They worked fine with the old one and it's getting to be an issue now when having to constantly get up and disconnect/reconnect the headphone stand to the socket on the TV. Is this something hardware or software related?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Bat_Rick
New

Do you mean that the headphones worked fine with the old TV? what is the model of the headphones?

profile.country.GB.title
pabrown3676
New

I think the issue is sorted, just means I need to have the TV volume level above a certain level in order for the headphones to work. Never had this issue with previous TV but the sound on the new one means I tend to have the volume on a lower setting.

profile.country.GB.title
Bat_Rick
New

Hi Pabrown,

I've never heard of this issue before either, could you mention  which volume level you are selecting and what is the model of the headphones?

profile.country.GB.title
pabrown3676
New

I have to have the volume set to about 20 to get the headphones to respond. The headphones are Sony wireless MDR-RF895RK I think.