Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 65A85 Power cable

profile.country.GB.title
graeme1988
New

Sony 65A85 Power cable

Looking for some help with the Sony 65A85 I purchased last week. The power cable supplied is a 2-pin (pretty much kettle lead) as far as I can tell, 2m in length.  10amp, 250v.  I've put a picture below.  All other kettle leads I can see though have 3 pins, the extra being the earth pin.  

Screenshot_20211026-154327~2.png

I need a 3m cable so I hide the cable in the wall. My question is: can you use a regular 3-pin kettle lead? Or where do I get a longer 2-pin version.  

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Yeah you can use an earthed cable on the self isolated set, since the device is isolated itself, the ground end of the cable will just terminate with no connection.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi graeme1988, using a longer cable or any other cable other than the supplied isn't guaranteed or recommended by Sony. And they don't make longer cables I'm afraid. Please try not to take advice like that from general forums, contact Sony directly if you wanna make sure.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@HannahEd01 

There are metres, probably hundreds of metres, of electrical cable between the step-down transformer from the grid and the wall socket the actual cable to the TV is plugged into.

And you think another metre on that is actually going to make any difference?

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey royabrown2, I'm not here to argue, I personally never use extenders, never yous converters. I literally have wall sockets everywhere Just for the sake of my electronics safety. :"D

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@HannahEd01 

Gee, I have 7 items needing power in my AV rack, with the TV and all, and even with two double sockets in range, I’d still be three short.

So I use a Belkin six-way adaptor with built-in surge suppression, and I feel safer for my electronics that their mains comes through that than I do for the one item on a direct socket, the power supply for the Amazon Firecube.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…