Join now - be part of our community!

Soundbar

Soundbar

I have a kd43xf7073su TV and have just bought a  HT-G700 sound bar, They will both talk to my phone via Bluetooth but will not talk to each other. Any ideas or suggestions???

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@MajorDriver 

Why aren’t you wiring the soundbar to the TV with an HDMI cable via the ARC connection on both? That’s by far the superior solution.

But if you must use Bluetooth, you have to go higher up Sony’s range before you find a model that will support Bluetooth headphones, or other audio output, and even then, they won’t support the very common requirement for headphone use by a person with hearing difficulties while the rest of the family listen on the speakers.

Other TV manufacturers look on with bemusement at Sony’s vain attempt to make Bluetooth speakers a high-end option.

Not least when Amazon have a plethora of devices for about £30 that will let you run Bluetooth speakers, or your soundbar, off your optical output:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/sk=Optical+to+Bluetooth+transmitter&i=electronics&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

I suggest you investigate one of these, if ARC/HDMI, or even direct optical connection, don’t suit because you absolutely must go wire-free here, or for some other reason.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…