Join now - be part of our community!

USB info page

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Alistair100156
Explorer

USB info page

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to prevent the USB info page from showing up about a minute after start-up. TV picture and sound go off and is replaced with the full screen message asking what I want to do with my connected USB drive. The set is a 43XH8505. I'm finding this extremely annoying. My old KD 43" (2015) just used to display a small info box in the bottom right corner and didnt interrupt the tv broadcast. It then disappeared after 10secs. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

Hey please mark this as Solved as it seems we have worked out what the problem is. Thanks👍

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

Select what to do with it!! It's exactly like Windows 10 when you plug a USB stick in. Just tell it what to do, is it a device, is it a flash drive, does it need formatting? Just answer the question and it will remember and you won't have the problem everytime.

profile.country.GB.title
Alistair100156
Explorer

Thanks for info...This, however did not work. I will point out though that I turn off and unplug from power plug at night. I leave nothing on standby! Maybe this is possibly the reason why your answer doesn't work? 

profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

Yes thats exactly the problem. You can test it by switching you TV off at the remote and switching on again (after you set the USB) it will work. I know because if I have to hard restart my TV it does the same.

profile.country.GB.title
Alistair100156
Explorer

Mmm. NOT a good feature if i'm honest. My 2015 43" 4K just used to flash a small info box warning user to not be using the usb drive before removal and it didnt interrupt whatever you were watching. There are actually several "features" I really hate about this newer set. But, it is so much faster than the 2015 model in operating.

profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

Hey please mark this as Solved as it seems we have worked out what the problem is. Thanks👍