Join now - be part of our community!

Sony HDR TD10

SOLVED
profile.country.ro_RO.title
cristiss
Visitor

Sony HDR TD10

If I buy a camcorder Sony HDR TD 10 from USA can I  use it without problems in Europe? Because I know that different rules of television and electric powernetwork

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello cristiss,

Within the camera itself, the only real issue will be purchasing a power adapter as this model is capable of shooting in both NTSC format (USA) and PAL format (UK). You may get away with buying a simple travel plug adapter for it - however I would always get advice from the shop where you are buying it from as if the voltage differs at all you may risk damaging the camera. If they advise buying the full UK power adapter, you have to consider this with the saving of buying the camera in the USA.

Beyond the camera itself, you need to check the documentation with your TV to make sure that it can handle both PAL and NTSC signals. The added complication may be 3D here because your TV needs to be able to handle both picture formats in 3D. If you manage to shoot successfully in PAL 3D mode - this may not be an issue.

One final point to mention is that if you are looking to buy over the internet from a store in the USA, your purchase may be subject to customs duty when it enters the UK postal system and this bill will accompany your product. If you are buying it personally and travelling back to the UK, there is a chance that you will be charged the same kind of duty when arriving back into the UK.

Overall, to avoid any of these potential issues, you may find it easier to purchase this in the UK. To make sure of this, I checked on Google to see if anyone else had considered doing the same with this camera model and most people were advising to purchase this in the UK for that extra peace of mind. At the end of the day, it is up to you to decide whether you want to take a chance or not.

Whichever way you choose - enjoy shooting and watching in 3D

Simon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello cristiss,

Within the camera itself, the only real issue will be purchasing a power adapter as this model is capable of shooting in both NTSC format (USA) and PAL format (UK). You may get away with buying a simple travel plug adapter for it - however I would always get advice from the shop where you are buying it from as if the voltage differs at all you may risk damaging the camera. If they advise buying the full UK power adapter, you have to consider this with the saving of buying the camera in the USA.

Beyond the camera itself, you need to check the documentation with your TV to make sure that it can handle both PAL and NTSC signals. The added complication may be 3D here because your TV needs to be able to handle both picture formats in 3D. If you manage to shoot successfully in PAL 3D mode - this may not be an issue.

One final point to mention is that if you are looking to buy over the internet from a store in the USA, your purchase may be subject to customs duty when it enters the UK postal system and this bill will accompany your product. If you are buying it personally and travelling back to the UK, there is a chance that you will be charged the same kind of duty when arriving back into the UK.

Overall, to avoid any of these potential issues, you may find it easier to purchase this in the UK. To make sure of this, I checked on Google to see if anyone else had considered doing the same with this camera model and most people were advising to purchase this in the UK for that extra peace of mind. At the end of the day, it is up to you to decide whether you want to take a chance or not.

Whichever way you choose - enjoy shooting and watching in 3D

Simon