Join now - be part of our community!

Am I no longer eligible for my Sony cashback ?

profile.country.GB.title
chreesh13
New

Am I no longer eligible for my Sony cashback ?

Hey all, 

Decided to finally pull the trigger on a Sony IV during the winter cashback promotion but starting to wish I hadn't now as the cashback process has been painful to say the least and now I think I may no longer be eligible for my cashback. 

I submitted my claim for my cashback on 16th February along with my supporting documents. I kept checking my claim and there was no updates. Contacted Sony a few times and was told if anything was wrong I would hear from them. So I was checking my emails constantly and nothing.

I got an email today stating they where closing my cashback claim as they hadn't heard back within 14 days. It turns out an email on the 10th March stating I would need to get a more detailed invoice from the retailer. The issue is this email went to my spam folder despite all my other emails from Sony going into my main inbox. Should have checked my spam in hindsight I know but all other correspondence had went into my main inbox.

I would usually be on the ball with these types of things but my partner and I are expecting our first child in two weeks so we have been back and forth to hospital and doctor appointments, scans, getting the nursery setup and getting everything in, I didn't think to check to my spam folder and assumed like all the other emails I have received if there was any issues it would go to my inbox. 

The issue now is I can't simply open a new cashback claim as the period to submit a claim ended 2 weeks ago. So now I'm panicking I have lost this £300 which in certain circumstances with my daughter on the way i can't justify forking out as that was part of my budget for my lens so I may just have to sell both at a loss 😞 Even at that though I'm a little annoyed it took them nearly a month to highlight this issue, pretty much the day for submitting new claims closed. 

Anyone had any experiences similar to this ? Do you think Sony would reopen my claim seeing as I would say having a child due in 2 weeks is pretty understandable circumstances but I feel like they are just basically going to tell me tough luck 😞

I've tried to get in contact today but I think they may be closed for Good Friday 

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
TheMaze
Community Team

You can try replying to their last email with the previously needed information. Sometimes it gets accepted.

Good luck :slight_smile: