Join now - be part of our community!

How to stream video from PC to SONY Blue Ray player ?

SOLVED
profile.country.hu_HU.title
HUPIKEK
Visitor

How to stream video from PC to SONY Blue Ray player ?

Hello All

I own a new SONY BDP-S370 Blue Ray player. It is connected to the home LAN trough the USB wireless feature. It works fine, bringing videos from the SONY's server (not sure about the exactly source).

Now, the natural question is: it is possible to connect the BR player to the home PC in order to stream videos from the PC to the BR player ? Can somebody help me how ? Grateful in advance, Robert

Message was edited by: HUPIKEK

Email address was edited out by moderator.

22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.en_GB.title
paulster951
Visitor

Those saying you can only stream video with WMP12 and windows 7 are wrong, I run XP with WMP 10 and it works perfectly - I can stream video, pictures or music. Guide here to show how to do it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEWQa9XAeQQ

profile.country.en_GB.title
peedee
Visitor

Well I still haven't cracked it! These videos etc are all well and good and are helpful for showing you what you shoud be getting but..........what about setting up routers where I think my problems lies with trying to link my BDV E370 to my PC via a Linksys BEFSR41 router with a 4 port switch. I tried for the best part of half a day yesterday researching settings on the Linksys site and others and trying them out without success. Trouble is there are no instructions which exactly match what I have and there are so many settings that I do not fully understand. I have got to the stage where my BDP can access the internet ok and I can see the BDP on my PC's WMP11 but I cannot get the PC server to appear on the BDP's server connection window and consequently have no PC icons to select on the BDP.

peedee

profile.country.sv_SE.title
duffan
Visitor

Add a NAS ie Netgear Stora MS2110, it has DLNA Server software.

Syncronize alla Photo, Video, Music from PC to NAS and if the receiever is a DLNA Client you see and hear all on the HDTV/Soundsystem;

If not a DLNA Client

Connect PC to Sony via cables; S video or VGA, plus Sound

VGA to HDMI--cable

OR

add a BOXEE Box with HDMI and WLAN to PC