Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix on sony blu ray player help please

Netflix on sony blu ray player help please

Hello I wondered if anyone can help me. I have a sony Blu-ray Disc/DVD home theatre system model BDV-E280 I recently signed up for the netflix free trial. I am trying to access netflix on my blu ray I have no problems accessing netflix on my laptop. So far I have connected the blu ray player to my router with an Ethernet cable and Initiated the set up. I have registered my device on the sony essentials website using the activation code.
I am connected to the internet (and it's working because I can browse etc) and under the video option I have numerous apps I can access but no netflix icon.
Can I access netflix on this model if so does anyone know how I can get the netflix icon on
I have tried activating a device on the netflix website but it is asking for a code when I try and access my activation code on my bluray it says device already connected (presumably from when I registered on sony essentials) and no longer shows a code (I can't remember what the code was)

Any advice please as although I can hook my laptop up to my tv to watch netflix my laptop is not the best and cuts out sometimes so I'd like to see if I can get it through blu ray 😞

thank you

Alice
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately Netflix in the UK is not supported on your model Home Entertainment System (BDV-E280).  This is because the system is pre-2012.

Please see FAQ : Here

Cheers.