Join now - be part of our community!

Recording from SKY+ on HDD/DVD recorder

profile.country.en_GB.title
Khr1st0pherL
Visitor

Recording from SKY+ on HDD/DVD recorder

Thanks for the reply, I see that you are a "SONY" person which is great!

Regarding my question I think I made a mess of what I wanted to say!  I dont mean to cut the SKY+ box out of the loop.  What I meant was, Until my old Daewoo DVD recorder packed in, I was able to use the copy funtion on the sky box to copy to a DVD on the Daewoo from a program saved on the sky box!

If I buy a Sony HDD/DVD recorder to replace the Daewoo box, can I use the copy function to the Sony HDD as well as or instead of the DVD recorder, especially as it will be via a HDMI cable instead of a scart cable from my Sony Bravia tv ! (Note- I have never used an HDMI cable before)

As it is, I only use SKY and have not set the Bravia up to use anything else, consequently my Bravia keeps telling me it is not being used and wants to switch iself off,  which is annoying !!  DO I have to set it up as a freeview TV in order to put a stop to that?  It seems that anything which says it is self tuning or auto setup isnt, as they always require loads of fiddling about by the user.  If it is AUTO, let us opt out instead of opting in.

Message was edited by: tweety2b Split as new post as further clarifications showed question was not entirely solved 😉

0 REPLIES 0