Join now - be part of our community!

Remote for STR-DE685 - Is there a difference between RM-U305, RM-U305A, RM-U305C

profile.country.GB.title
mehtjig
Explorer

Remote for STR-DE685 - Is there a difference between RM-U305, RM-U305A, RM-U305C

Hello,

I have a Sony STR-DE685 receiver/amplifier whose remote I have lost. Looking at the online manual for this receiver it mentions that the correct remote is the RM-U305C.

I am look to purchase one on eBay and RM-U305C is not available, however there are variants RM-U305 and RM-U305A which are available. Looking carefully at the pictures of each of these variants I can see no difference whatsoever in the layout of the buttons.

My question in essence is, are the variants interchangeable? Would a RM-U305 work in place of a device whose manual says the correct remote is RM-U305C. If there is no difference in the layout of the buttons, what is the difference? Would the signal codes differ thus rendering the signals incompatible? I would have thought that the signals would be the same for remotes controlling the same category of products.

A clarification would be much appreciated as I cannot find the answer.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Bat_Rick
New

Hi Mehtjig,

RM-U305C for example is the remote commander of another amplifier ( STR-DB780 ), that is what i found out here