Join now - be part of our community!

Sound faults with my BDP-S470 Blu ray player

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
chedsteve
Visitor

Sound faults with my BDP-S470 Blu ray player

During playback of Blu ray discs, I am experiencing sound gaps, usually lasting about half a second. This has happened on every disc, I have played. It is connected to a Bravia 40HX803 via HDMI. The player is only 5 weeks old. Any ideas??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StartTheCar
Contributor

Although pretty new, it is always worth checking if you have the most up to date software running on it.  The industry as a whole moves pretty quickly and the odd firmware update is required to keep all the products working with new features and other stuff

If you go into the System Information menu option it will tell you what version of the software you are running, should be M04.R491

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
StartTheCar
Contributor

Although pretty new, it is always worth checking if you have the most up to date software running on it.  The industry as a whole moves pretty quickly and the odd firmware update is required to keep all the products working with new features and other stuff

If you go into the System Information menu option it will tell you what version of the software you are running, should be M04.R491

Hope this helps.

chedsteve
Visitor

When I checked, the firmware was version M04.R568. This is a more recent update?

Organes
Visitor

If ur product is connected to the internet, it will automatically run updates most of the time..  So it seems that you have the most up to date software.

Organes
Visitor

If this is happening on every disc this doesn't mean everything.  HDMI cables, as im sure u kno carry picture and sound.. So i would suggest trying another HDMI cable or alternative cables.

Does the picture ever cut out??

What are other players like and other HDMI products like whilst connected to this tv?

Have you tried this blu-ray player on another tv with the same cables?

If you try al of the above, i'm sure you'll find a resolution somewhere :slight_smile:

hope that helps

chedsteve
Visitor

I've downloaded the latest firmware ( 708 ), and since watched a dvd without any probs. I've yet to watch a blu ray. I'll try a new hdmi lead if the problem continues. Thanks. 

profile.country.en_EE.title
Shvonder
Visitor

So there is no more trouble with gaps, am i right?

My player (S370) shows them few times during the playback on BD, hope firmware update will help. As i understood from System menu, mine is quite old..

chedsteve
Visitor

Played a blu ray yesterday without any sound gaps, so the firmware must have worked. Hopefully.

profile.country.en_EE.title
Shvonder
Visitor

Yeah, month after updating have no gaps at all. :slight_smile: