Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DN1080

profile.country.GB.title
nkelsh
New

STR-DN1080

Hi.  I want to connect my Amazon Fire Stick to an HDMI port on my STR-DN1080 but it just doesn’t work. It works perfectly connected to my tv so there’s nothing wrong with it. Is this something that’s impossible or do I need to change some settings?  Any help much appreciated. Nigel K. 

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi Nigel,

Can you please share some details on what's not working?

Is the Fire TV Stick not working at all?

Do you power the Stick correctly by an external USB power supply?

Or is it working but you don't see a picture coming from the Stick?

In this case you might check the HDMI settings of the receiver.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
nkelsh
New

Hi Peter,

Many thanks for your reply and my apologies for the delay in responding. 

My Fire stick is the 4K model and works perfectly if I connect it direct to an hdmi port on my LG 4K tv. I can power it from the Amazon adapter or from a USB port on the tv and it works perfectly either way. 

However, I’d like to plug it directly into my STR-DN1080 receiver but when I do so, I get neither picture nor sound. I know the hdmi port works as I have tried other devices through it without a problem. 

So the problem seems to be an incompatibility between the Fire stick and the receiver which is why I asked if there was any setting that needed to be adjusted. Or is it that the two items simply do not work together?

Thanks again,

Nigel. 

profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi Nigel,

If other devices work on the same port I would assume that the cause is with the Fire TV stick.

Probably some settings needs to be adjusted for the HDMI output of the Fire TV stick to get it working with the STR.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
nkelsh
New

Hi Peter,

Many thanks for your reply. I tried looking for a setting I could change but couldn’t find anything relevant.

Has anyone else had any experience of this?  Indeed, is there anyone else who’s managed to work their Fire stick through the STR-DN1080 direct?  Or am I the only one that’s ever tried?!

Regards,

Nigel.