Join now - be part of our community!

THE DISC IS DIRTY

profile.country.en_GB.title
rodandalex
Visitor

THE DISC IS DIRTY

My DVD Recorder RDR-HXD860  will not record in HDD. Fault shown on screen is "The disc is dirty" (no disc inserted as recording is to hard drive)

Can anyone help?

5 REPLIES 5
Bravia55HX

Hi,

sounds pretty much like you need to "wipe" your hard drive within the recorder, if you have been using it a lot with bits and pieces of recorded programs it may need a full wipe, just erase everything thats on it and see if that clears the problem.

rodandalex
Visitor

Thanks. I have tried a full wipe of the hard drive without success. The problem is still the same.

Bravia55HX

rodandalex,

thats unfortunate, have you tried opening the disc tray and closing it?, i know it sounds silly but try it, failing that try unplugging from the mains for a couple of minutes see if that does anything.

profile.country.da_DK.title
LPCJon
Visitor

I have got excactly the same problem on my RDR HX820... Have you found a solution???

After formatting the disc and losing 2 years of saved recordings I unplugged it when I turned it back on I held in the power button for 10 seconds. This soft booted the whole system and then it worked again! Maybe someone can just try the soft boot first next time so they don't lose their recordings.