Join now - be part of our community!

Amazon Prime Contents Error

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Burnieman1
Explorer

Amazon Prime Contents Error

I am having issues in connecting to Amazon Prime Video. It was working fine until a couple of days ago. My TV is a Sony Bravia model KDL-47W805A.

Amazon Prime works fine on my iPad. The error I get on my TV is “content error”, retry and cancel.

I have checked everything from internet refresh, switching tv off/on, resetting account with Amazon, tv firmware is ok and various other actions all to no avail.

I always get “contents error” on everything irrespective which video it is with an option to retry or cancel.

Any ideas how to solve?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Filmmaker74
New

Had this problem for 3 days. Seems to have been fixed now. Hope its sorted for you.

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
JRsony123
Explorer

Thanks all fixed this end.
JR

Sent from my iPhone

profile.country.GB.title
fathersl
Explorer

Mine has started to work again this evening.

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Burnieman1,

I had the same issue on my smartphone yesterday - maybe amazon has an issue on their end for some devices?

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
JRsony123
Explorer

Same roblem same tv

profile.country.GB.title
malt2019
New

same issue at the same time, have rebooted and set up network on both wireless and lan and issue remains.   But on pc not an issue, so looks like it may be amazion end

profile.country.GB.title
JRsony123
Explorer

Hi
I have reported it to Amazon and they say they will look into it and come back to me in the next two days.
I will let you know what they have to say.
But buy the tone of the email they know they have a problem.

jR

Sent from my iPhone
RSSone
New

Exactly the same issue here. 

Sony Smart TV. Prime working fine until 2 days ago. Prime works fine on every other device but ‘content error’ showing on tv. 

Woild be grateful if you would share advice once received from Amazon. 

Thank you. 

profile.country.GB.title
Madavids
Explorer

Hi, see message I’ve received from Amazon.  They know there’s a problem and nothing we can do but wait for them to fix it, sorry 🙁

“Please note that this is a known issue which our customer's are facing while trying to play Prime videos on Sony Bravia TV and our technical team is aware of it. Hence we are not able to provide you with any troubleshooting steps as the issue needs to be fixed from our end. I'm sorry for inconvenience caused”

profile.country.GB.title
Burnieman1
Explorer

I have been in touch with Amazon customer services and they are aware that they have a problem. Their technical team are working on it. This is the response I received from them:-

I'm sorry about the trouble you had with Prime Video. I've reported this to our technical team and they're researching the issue further
Situations such as this are rare, and our goal is to help resolve any problems you encounter as quickly as possible.

I will advise when I have received a solution and what it is.

pwinson
New

Mine too. I have a tv an two DVD players which are a few years old and the apps have mysteriously stopped working. 

My new Sony tv which has a new version of the app and is a couple of years old, the app works fine. 

Does this mean Sony and amazon aren’t supporting the older apps?

profile.country.GB.title
JRsony123
Explorer

Hi
Could be I used to have iplayer in the same
tv but at least there was notice of end of life in the app a couple of months before.

John

Sent from my iPhone