Join now - be part of our community!

Can anybody help with trying to connect my pc to my TV.

profile.country.en_GB.title
phylis51
Visitor

Can anybody help with trying to connect my pc to my TV.

I have set up my PC with  PC to TV but they don`t seem to talk to each other.

2 REPLIES 2
slowtrain
Visitor

Hi phylis

You must have missed my post on this last week on how to do this so I've copied it below for you.

How to connect your Bravia TV to your PC to play media files.

Hi All

This seems to be  quite a popular question since I joined the discussions. So I thought  I'd share my limted knowledge on the subject.

If your Bravia TV features DLNA you can quite succesfully play all your media files from your pc on the TV.

You  should have your TV connected to your BB router. I'm lucky as my router  is next to the TV and I just have a short LAN cable connecting  to it.  But you can use HomePlugs or the correct Sony wireless adaptor if the  router is in another room.

Next install mezzmo, there is a free trial period you can download to see if it works.

http://www.conceiva.com/products/mezzmo/default.asp

Installation  time can vary as it scans your pc for all your media files ready to be  used. If you have any ATRAC music files you may want to convert them to  MP3 as far as I can see this fle type is not supported.

As the installation continues it will recogise the TV if it's turned and if you have one your PS3 which also should be on.

When  installtion completes go to your TV press Home on the remote and  navigate to the photo or music or video. You should see the mezzmo  arrows logo and from there you can go to each of the folders that appear  as they are on your pc and play them.

I've also discovered that you can turn on your PC using the favourites key on your TV remote.

Good luck to all who try this.

jockanroll
Visitor

Yes, I use Mezzmo and it works just fine most of the time. Sometimes there are videos it won't play or stops half way through. In that case, I convert them to a DVD and play that way.

I completed a recommendation of Mezzmo on a forum and received a free registration - not sure if this is still available though.