Join now - be part of our community!

Internet connection

profile.country.en_GB.title
tonnugen
Visitor

Internet connection

I have a SONY BRAVIA KDL-40EX503 and have it connected to my router for the internetInternet channels, but sometimes they load and sometimes they wont. WHY?

6 REPLIES 6
slowtrain
Visitor

Hi tonnugen

First of all you need to check if you have the latest firmware installed. It should be PKG4.077EUL-0108. This apparently improves performance & stability of IPTV features. To check this press home on your remote navigate to Settings>Product Support>System Information, Software Version. If it shows another version go back to System Update and turn it to on. If you leave your TV in standby when not watching and your router is left on, the update should be done overnight.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards

slowtrain

tonnugen
Visitor

Yes it is the version you mentioned. It just seems to be very temperamental and sometimes loads and sometimes doesn't. When I click on the lovefilm icon it tries to load up, but just doesn't get anywhere. Is it maybe something to do with my broadband signal?

slowtrain
Visitor

tonnugen wrote:

Yes it is the version you mentioned. It just seems to be very temperamental and sometimes loads and sometimes doesn't. When I click on the lovefilm icon it tries to load up, but just doesn't get anywhere. Is it maybe something to do with my broadband signal?

Can you load lovefilm up on your pc? It could be broadband related, what speed are you running at? Does BBCi Player give you the same problems?

tonnugen
Visitor

cant go into iplayer at all - i click on the icon and it does nothing. i've seen on here theres problems with that from the bbc's end. lovefilm works fine on the pc. i don't know what speed im running at! how would i find that out?

slowtrain
Visitor

Catmambo
Contributor

Iplayer takes a little longer to load on TV as it utilises a different technology compared to the other services. Once you click on the main icon on the XMB, the load times of the thumbnails and assets are all dependent on yor broadband speed as they aren't cached on your device, they are all streamed live from the partner 's server (e.g. Five or Lovefilm) direct to your device.

How are you connecting to the Internet - Wireless, Ethernet, Homeplug?

thanks