Join now - be part of our community!

Iplayer and Freeview - Firmware?

profile.country.en_GB.title
grant_bton
Visitor

Iplayer and Freeview - Firmware?

I'm sorry if this is a duplicate question, I've searched the forum and although there are similar entries, nothing quite matches so..

I purchased a Bravia KDL 32EX503 yesterday.  I do not have Freesat, it is connected to Freeview via rooftop aerial and I have a fixed (cabled) LAN connection into my Broadband.  I can access online content for e.g. 5 on demand, Youtube etc so it is connected to the internet.

When I try to connect to BBC Iplayer though it says I need a software download.  The Automatic update is set to On and I left it in standby with a live internet connection for appproximately 8hrs last night but I get the same message this morning.

The software version it is running is PKG4.034EUL-0106.

I have read the procedure on a Firmware dowload but as I only bought it yesterday I had hoped it would be up to date and also I am slightly nervous about sticking a usb device into it etc

Help?

4 REPLIES 4
Catmambo
Contributor

Welcome to the boards! To be honest, you'll be fine updating your TV via USB, I updated 2 dozen in our demo room without a single error. Indeed there are a number of safeguards in place to minimise the risk of problems.

http://support.sony-europe.com/tvhc/downloads/downloads.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&f=FW_Bravia4077L&ch=7&m=...

Do report back back when you have done it though! :slight_smile:

grant_bton
Visitor

Thanks eduzzel, so it is a firmware update that's needed you think then?

slowtrain
Visitor

And dont foget to up date internet content in settings
Cheers
slowtrain

Catmambo
Contributor

Yup just firmware update. Adding iPlayer required a fair bit of work from engineering side, so whereas most services are simply switched on and they work without firmware update, iPlayer needed a load of extra tweaks.

thanks