Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-S40A12U - sides of picture cut off

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mickeymoos4
New

KDL-S40A12U - sides of picture cut off

Hope someone can help, both sides of the picture are cut off on our KDL-S40A12U.  It's been like this for quite a few months, but finally got fed up with it.  For instance, when we watch films we can't see some of the credits and husband just lost his cool because he is watching Sky Sports News and can't see the scores on the right hand side of screen.  TV is set to wide screen and I have turned on auto format, but doesn't seem to make a difference.  Hope someone can give advice.  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
webhawk1
Visitor

Brilliant! Went to Sky Services>system setup>picture settings and changed picture format from 4:3 to 16:9 and saved new settings. Thanks very much!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
webhawk1
Visitor

We have a KDL32ex503u and have the same problem and it's very annoying, particularly watching Sky Sports News. So it isn't just your model. Makes no difference which picture setting is on either (4:3, 16:9, WIDE, ZOOM).

slowtrain
Visitor

Hi all

Have you looked at the picture settings on your Sky box? That may be the key.

Cheers.

webhawk1
Visitor

Brilliant! Went to Sky Services>system setup>picture settings and changed picture format from 4:3 to 16:9 and saved new settings. Thanks very much!

slowtrain
Visitor

Your welcome webhawk :smileygrin:

Mickeymoos4
New

Hi - fantastic - worked for me as well.  Husband is happy - wish I could make all men that happy so easily!

slowtrain
Visitor

Mickeymoos4 wrote:

Hi - fantastic - worked for me as well.  Husband is happy - wish I could make all men that happy so easily!

I'm suprised your husband couldn't figure it out for himself.:smileyconfused:

And it took a woman to sort out a technical problem out for him,:smileysilly: :smileywink:.