Join now - be part of our community!

Laptop display on my KDL-40W5710 so that it fits the whole screen?

profile.country.GB.title
sifurba
New

Laptop display on my KDL-40W5710 so that it fits the whole screen?

Hello to all Sonyland.

As it says.

I would like to show laptop content on my KDL40W5710 so that it fills the screen.

I've connected an HDMI cable and can show whatever is on the laptop on the TV (mirrored) but don't know how to 'blow up 'the picture to fill the screen. At present the TV display fills about 2/3rds of the screen.

Laptop is a Packard Bell notebook running Vista.

I'm not a techno geek but I would think this is possible.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Sifurba

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Possibly in the screen settings on the TV there is a setting to enable full pixel which you should do. Could also try using the zoom button which is normally at the top of the remote control..

profile.country.el_GR.title
Visitor

Hi Sifurba,

First you should use a native HD resolution of 1080p which is 1920x1080 on the notebook. And "mirrir" mode won't do, "Extend display" is the right one. Refresh rate should be 60Hz progressive. You can also play around with 50p, 24p, 60i refresh rates, but 60p should be more comfortable. This is for the TV, not the built in notebook monitor.

Then you should select "Full Pixel" scanning mode on the TV to avoid overscan and ensure proper display.

Some media players can be customized to use a different display in fullscreen mode. If your primary goal is to watch movies, you should use this option. For web browsing, you'll have to drag the browser window to the secondary monitor (usually over the right border of the primary display) and then maximize it.

I hope it helps. Good luck

profile.country.GB.title
sifurba
New

Thanks for the suggestions.

When I get the chance I' ll have another crack at it.

Regards

Simon