Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KDL-32R420A does not recognize an external disk Western Digital 3.5" Elements 4TB

AAA_AAA
New

Sony Bravia KDL-32R420A does not recognize an external disk Western Digital 3.5" Elements 4TB

Hello!

I am writing in connection with such an issue. I have got a TV set “Sony Bravia KDL-32R420A” since 2013. This TV have a very good feature – playing back photo/music/video via USB. I have successfully played back many photo and video files from different devices (USB flash drives, a DSLR camera Pentax k-x, an external hard disk My Book

Essential Edition 1TB (WD10000H1U-00)) in this way.
I purchased a new external hard disk “Western Digital 3.5" Elements 4TB”. I have a problem. The TV shows me a statement that the USB device is not recognized when I connect this disk to the TV. The disk is formatted to NTFS file system. According the user manual of the TV, the NTFS file system is supported. So disk should be recognized. I have tried to solve this problem by formatting the disk to exFAT file system (using Windows 10 Disk Management). Unfortunately, this attempt is not working and the disk is not recognized as well.
I would like to know the reason why Sony Bravia KDL-32R420A does not recognize the external hard disk “Western Digital 3.5" Elements 4TB” (both formatted to NFTS and exFAT file system). How can I solve the problem?

I would appreciate answer to this issue.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Have you updated to the latest firmware?

Best wishes,

M