Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL40WE663BU and Amazon prime video

profile.country.GB.title
limebasil
Explorer

Sony KDL40WE663BU and Amazon prime video

I purchased a Sony smart tv (KDL40WE663BU) last year and have been having problems with amazon prime ever since.  I'm not even 100% sure if the internet or the tv is the problem, but can anyone help me figure out if it's the internet, or the tv that's the problem - and how would I go about figuring this out?

Basically, whenever I go on amazon prime, it buffers for ages, sometimes the programs play, sometimes they don't - the connection is wired if that makes a difference.  It then tells me the bandwidth is too low (which it isn't as I then do a speed test and it's fine!).  I only seem to have problems with this app, none of the others on the tv. 

Amazon prime seems to work fine on all other devices in the home (ipad, iphone, 2 kindle fires), which makes me think it might be the tv that's the problem, but Sony have denied it's the tv that's the problem, they've already been out once and told me it was the internet that was the problem, despite me showing them the speeds were fine.

Just wondering if anyone else has this problem with a Sony tv/amazon prime and did they resolve it?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
limebasil
Explorer

Anyone?

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Have you tried to perform a reset on your TV?  More details on how to do this here.

Let me know how you get on?

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
limebasil
Explorer

Yes I’ve done factory resets, deregistered amazon from the tv and re registered etc. 

profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Limebasil,

You could also try some of the tips here for slow internet streaming video. We hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
limebasil
Explorer

Thanks but I’ve tried all of those! Some don’t apply but the ones that do I’ve tried. 

profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Limebasil, 

Okay, we'll check to see if we can find any other advice that may help and get back to you. Also, maybe some members with experience of this will be able to offer you some tips.

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi limebasil,

I think you can try to connect the TV to a different network like a hotspot to test if the same issue remains. Let us know the outcome after trying this.

Vanilla_