Join now - be part of our community!

Where's my App's??

SOLVED
richamondouk
Explorer

Where's my App's??

Ok had my 42W805A Sony TV for just under 12 months now,

Last night had BBC Iplayer and CH5 app's on screen as normal ( only two i had left for uk )

Tonight gone to watch it again and boom gone,? what gives

I have no UK app's at all apart from Netflix and Youtube the rest is all premium and american app's

ive factory reset tv and refreshed content and rebooted my modem still the same,

I heard this is maybe down to sony and licencing with the providers?
If so can someone from sony please explain how a smart tv which advertises these features is no longer supporting them so in which case is not smart and falls down the line of not fit for purpose, and would you happily replace it with a model that is?

I dont' often watch tv as i work away alot but this has just put the nail in the coffin for me if sony have done this and i feel extremely let down!

Can anyone help??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I woke up this morning with a message stating that the issue has been resolved - I can confirm that too.

If you are still having problems - simply do a "Refresh Internet Content"

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

There appears to be a problem at the moment with many of the SEN Apps.  Please see the original thread :

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/bbc-iplayer-and-demand-5-apps/m-p/1740787

Any further updates, I will post on that thread above.

Cheers

lapwing1
Explorer

I'm also having problems with apps on my Sony smart tv (KDL-32W653A).

As of yesterday evening (24/08) i lost various apps including the 2 I use most - Amazon Prime and i Player.  I've tried to various things to bring them back, but all to no avail.

richamondouk
Explorer

I have tried all the steps people have provided from restoring my TV and router to the correct settings and manually input connection too.

I can confirm ip trace shows my UK connection,
Sony customer services replied telling me to do the same thing an original poster told me as above however this still does not work, either sony do not know what there doing and can't offer any further help or there is a issue with certain televisions.

Feeling very unsatisfied with their response and this brand overall now.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I woke up this morning with a message stating that the issue has been resolved - I can confirm that too.

If you are still having problems - simply do a "Refresh Internet Content"

Cheers