Join now - be part of our community!

drivers for NVIDIA GeForce 8400m GT

profile.country.cs_GB.title
jurferan
Visitor

drivers for NVIDIA GeForce 8400m GT

Hi,

I own Vaio vgn-nr21z OS Wndows 7 32 bits and looking for drivers for NVIDIA GeForce 8400m GT. Not any available on sony online support and neither on NVIDIA.com.Any ideas where it get from?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
mauricebs
Visitor

I have the same video card on an all-in-one, which is effectively a large laptop of course. I too have tried to find any update to the driver, but the nVidia site directs you to the manufacturer for laptop installations. Sony Update does not have any, as you will have found, so I presume that I have already installed any updates Sony is willing to let me have and have given up. I would suggest you do the same unless you have a display problem of some kind.

Message was edited by: mauricebs

Message was edited by: mauricebs

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

mauricebs is correct in recommending that you stick with the Sony drivers unless you have a particular problem.

However, if you do have a problem that needs a recent driver and at your own risk, you can update the nVidia drivers by modifying the installer .INF file to allow you to install then on your model.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/9243-forceware-updaters-quickstart-guide/

:wink:

jurferan
Visitor

I do have problems with my display.The windows is swithing off my display (blank display) and then on boot I'm geeting bleu error screen message.

Thanks

jurferan
Visitor

Is any chance to get the original manufactory driver from somewhere without modifying it?

I had one before, but some way I lost it.

Message was edited by: jurferan

Message was edited by: jurferan