Join now - be part of our community!

MS keyboard screws with Vaio keyboard

hoobsdad
Visitor

MS keyboard screws with Vaio keyboard

Hi all,

my first post, but somewhat desperate to work out why this is happening;

I have the original install straight out of the shop on my FZ31Z and on top of that have MS office 2003, Adobe Photoshop CS3, Acrobat 8 pro, Illustratror CS3, Lightroom 1.4, ESET Nod32, MS Foldershare, Copernic Desktop search, use Firefox V2xx, Foxit and run Directory Opus 9 as my Explorer replacement....Think that just about covers it.

When I am working at a desk I use a Wireless Microsoft Multimedia 1.1 Keyboard with a wireless Intellimouse Explorer mouse - which works fine - just by plugging in the USB receiver, but when I return to my laptop keyboard, either with or without the wireless keyboard plugged in then the keys on my laptop no longer type the correct keys. As a for instance, it appears that the "i" key types a "5" instead...and various other keys along the top qwerty row do something different. Only by running system restore to a previous time can I get my keyboard on my laptop back to its original state. I can use the Intellimouse without this problem occurring, so it's something to do with the wireless usb keyboard and the Vista drivers conflicting with Vaio keyboard drivers.

Can anyone help....?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi hoobsdad,

welcome to club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

I suspect that your wireless keyboard has Num Lk (number lock) enabled, this could explaine why the "i" key types a "5" instead, hopefully pressing the Num LK key top right of your keyboard should solve the problem.. :slight_smile:

As your Vaio keyboard does not have separate number key's like your wireless when the Num Lk is enabled your U I O P [ J K L : M and ? key will display the respective number or symbol..

hoobsdad
Visitor

thalamus, sadly, I have been unable to resolve this. It's some kind of software/hardware glitch. Essentially using a wireless keyboard (MS) works fine, but when I return to the Vaio keyboard, it's the Vaio which has a screwed keyboard.... as per my first post and I really have no way of resolving this. I am surprised that no one else has had this as it's definitely an issue with Sony and MS wireless keyboard.