Join now - be part of our community!

Sony repair

Alex121
Visitor

Sony repair

I have recently had my vaio repaired and now that it has been returened to me its performance has been destroyed.
if anyone has any tips on how i could possible have it to the speed it was they are all welcome.
p.s this is really anoyed me. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Alex121,

Sorry to hear of your problem.

Can you let us know the nature of the repair and details of the performance loss.

You could of course try returning your notebook to factory settings by using either the recovery disks or the HDD recovery utility - this will eliminate a software problem....

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_IE.title
sonypass33
Visitor

As above, depends on what was repaired. If the performance has dropped off that badly maybe a componant wasn't seated correctly when it was put back together

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Alex121,

You don’t give us a lot to go on (i.e. what was the nature of the repair – didn’t Vaio Link give details?)

However, you could check the Windows Experience Index to see whether any component is reporting a lower than expected sub-score. Also check that the system is recognizing the full amount of RAM that you have installed.

If none of the above provides a way forward then I suggest that you return your notebook to “as delivered” by utilising the recovery disks…

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat