Join now - be part of our community!

TV problems on VGC VA1

petlover
Visitor

TV problems on VGC VA1

Hi, I recently had problems downloading windows service pack 3 and had to abort. Since then I haven't been able to watch live tv in media centre. I can watch previously recorded tv but when I click on live tv, nothing happens. I also get a notice saying 'unable to open messenger' although that started happening before the failed download.

Does anyone know how to solve this please? I've looked on many help topics but can't find anything to match my problem.

13 REPLIES 13
petlover
Visitor

Hmm, I think it's me talking at cross purposes. It's not difficult to confuse me these days.

Yes, it's Vaio media you can download but it's Windows media centre I have the problem with. I've never actually used the Vaio media so never thought about that (I'm sitting in the corner now with a dunces hat on).

Back to square one I guess.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi petlover,

as you are able to watch recorded TV but not live TV have you checked if you have any unknown devices or warning signs in device manager.?

petlover
Visitor

Thanks for the suggestions on this problem. I had a few communications from windows support which didn't produce any results but finally tonight I managed to restore default settings so have my tv back.

Thanks again.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

That's great news petlover!

So who else wants to risk installing SP3 on a Vaio :wink:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat