Join now - be part of our community!

Ipod instead of Walkman WHY?

profile.country.en_GB.title
oneillj
Visitor

Ipod instead of Walkman WHY?

I purchased a Sony XDR-DS12ip DAB clock radio with dock.  I assumed that I would be able to dock my Sony NW-A3000 Walkman to this as they are both by Sony.  However my Walkman does not fit.  This is a 20GB Walkman which I spent hours putting every CD and download I owned onto.  I now don't want to have to buy a competitors product such as the ipod just so I can spend endless hours putting on the same music as is on my Sony Walkman.!!!!

I am totally bemused by this.  Surely there is an adaptor so that my Walkman can be docked and therefore be charged and use the remote while playing etc.

Why would Sony make a product that is not compatible with another Sony product????

I hope someone can shed light on this for me

Thanks J

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.ro_RO.title
kennobi
Visitor

Well,you right in a certain way.Sony has changed the USB-in more times,not only at Walkman,but at Cyber-Shots too.But,because Apple is more popular,there are only two or three docking stations left for Walkman.Apple is just more popular than Walkman,but trust me,it is not even close to Walkman when it comes to sound quality and sound's depth.It is just a market thing with the Ipod,it all started with the white earphones and case.So,even if you don't get as much compability as with the Ipod,if you're smart,you stick to the Walkman's Hi-Fi quality.