Join now - be part of our community!

Sony NW A306

profile.country.GB.title
Scouse1974
New

Sony NW A306

Just purchased the Sony NW A306 Walkman.

When connected via the usb to my cars infotainment system (Vauxhall Astra) the infotainment screen acknowledges that the Walkman is connected but is unable to find any files etc. The screen on the Walkman gives 3 options of charging only, transferring files and using the device as a USB DAC.

Therefore, the only way I can play music in the car is if I pair the Walkman via Bluetooth. When connected this way the infotainment screen displays the artist, album and song title but not the album artwork and I'm unable to browse folders etc from the infotainment screen.

This is driving me mad! I bought the Walkman to replace an old i pod touch. I would connect this via the usb and could access all the artists, albums, songs, playlists etc. via the infotainment screen. This allowed me to quickly find another artist etc. and change playback whilst driving.

Is there something I'm missing? Surely this can't be the only way to for playback whilst in the car?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Scouse1974, this might be a compatibility issue, did you try testing it with any other device? 

Also, make sure it is up to date: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/digital-music-players-nw-nwz-a-series/nw-a306/software/00... 

I have the same question.