Join now - be part of our community!

WF-1000XM4 Low left earbud battery?

profile.country.GB.title
AdyKing
Explorer

WF-1000XM4 Low left earbud battery?

I've been having problems with my wf-1000xm4's.   The left ear bud battery runs down considerably faster than the right. 
I'm aware one does more work than the other but from a full charge I'm getting maybe 2 hours before the low battery warning, left bud 20%, right bud 84%.

I've cleaned all the connections although it's charging ok, just running out fast.  Anyone know of a fix?

Screenshot_20231108-093039.png

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
AdyKing
Explorer

This morning I tried the factory reset and fully charged both earbuds.  After 2 hours 10 mins my left bud was down to 3% while the right one was at 78%
Is this a software or hardware issue?  I'm sure it started suddenly about a week ago, It's very annoying.
Screenshot_20231109-101147.png

Lunaman
New

I've had the same issue. Called Sony and they have suggested I send them back for repair. I bought mine in Nov 2021 from Amazon UK. This battery issue started very suddenly there was no slow depreciation. I'm not a commuter and use them on holiday and maybe once a week on public transport. There seems to be an issue as I'm finding that this problem is fairly common. 

profile.country.IE.title
Dolanm
Explorer

Same issue, only started happening after latest update 2.0.1. Sony killed my earbuds

profile.country.GB.title
deltur
Explorer

Seems that this problem is widespread. I started to look into it when out of the blue my right bud would discharge in 30 mins. I've written to support yesterday, now waiting for an answer. Like many of us who spent alot of money in 2021/22 for these top range headphones I dont think we envisaged a lifespan of 2-3 years.

Unviewable
Explorer

Yeah, I have the same issue but with the right one.

The merchant sent a request to the Sony service center to replace my earbuds with new ones. I bought them 2022.06.01

Waiting for a reply.

profile.country.IE.title
Dolanm
Explorer

I'm an engineer I diagnose faults in complex systems for a living and don't believe in coincidences. My units are 18 months old, they were functioning perfectly until latest software update. Now even a 12 hr charge doesn't get lh bud to 100% and it drops quickly. So either the software is causing this or the update has precipitated early battery failure. Shouldn't happen on €300 devices.

profile.country.GB.title
hilbrand
New

I've been having the same issue, the left earbud is almost completely drained while the right has around 60%

Couldn't send them in for warranty because they where second hand so I replaced the batteries my self.

profile.country.DK.title
Thommy
Explorer

I have the exact same issue and I bought mine 17. Feb 2023. How is this possible within only a year and 200 hours of usage.

profile.country.IE.title
Dolanm
Explorer

Cos Sony's software update killed the battery mine was 100% ok before last update. Really don't think its a battery issue.